Full course description
Green and sustainable software engineering is an emerging concept that can help reduce the carbon footprint related to software. In this introductory course, we will introduce the concept of green and sustainable software engineering and the engineering process to build green and sustainable software. By the end of the course, you will be able to analyze the green and sustainability issues in traditional software engineering, identify and incorporate key elements to be included in the software engineering process to make the software green and sustainable, and use techniques to make your software code energy efficient.
· The concept of sustainability, sustainable software, and green software
· Sustainable and green software engineering
· The rebound effect
· Greensoft model for engineering green and sustainable software
· Sustainability criteria and metrics
· Different strategies for energy-efficient computing
· Scientific computing
· The gap and bridge between scientific computing and software engineering
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who are software developers, managers and software related policy makers, or have knowledge about software development, and want to consider the green and sustainability aspects in their everyday life.